Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103 Supply Problem

amin
Associate
Posted on January 12, 2016 at 15:40

Hi,

First of all sorry for bad English.

I had designed a PCB for STM32F103 micro-controller for my specific job. The thing is micro-controller works fine when J-link is connected. J-link programmed micro with no error and software runs fine but when i switch the supply with my own 3.3v source and remove J-link, the micro wont start at all . I suspected my power supply which is LM2576-3.3 and tried another sources but micro wont work with any external voltage source with 3.3V. the strange thing is micro work with any external supply with 2.5V output. In datasheet says micro will work with supply voltage 2 to 3.6 but sadly in my PCB micro works with 2.5. Am I missing something? I would appreciate any help.

I attached my schematic too.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Radosław
Senior
Posted on January 12, 2016 at 15:50

Boot0 should be grounded

amin
Associate
Posted on January 12, 2016 at 15:54

As you can see in schematic BOOT0 is in junction and in programming time i connect it to vcc and for running time i change jumper to ground connection.

Always After programming i change BOOT0 junction and i connect it to ground .

carmine
Associate II
Posted on January 12, 2016 at 17:12

In your schematics BOOT0 in pulled up by R11, which forms a voltage divider with R14. So BOOT0 is high and your MCU doesn't boot.

Posted on January 12, 2016 at 17:13

You have TWO resistors tied to BOOT0, remove the one pulled to VCC, otherwise your one by the jumper is going to half the voltage when pulled to ground, and will still be above VIL

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
re.wolff9
Senior
Posted on January 13, 2016 at 08:47

Another weird thing in your schematic is that I see two resistor arrays. it seems as if one has a ''common'' pin at pin1, and the other has the common at pin5. Probably not what you want.