cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC5 Studio - Doesn't seem to be working correctly

sjpatel19922
Associate III
Posted on February 28, 2017 at 15:47

Hi, when I create a new project in SPC5 studio, its not showing me with the component initialization options. It does not present me with any options for choosing the microcontroller, configuring the clocks, etc. Please see the attached picture(SPC5)

When I select the microcontroller using the pin map wizard, I am able to configure pins, but it does not seem to be generating any application code.  Please see the attached picture( SPC5_pinmap)

Also, what is the latest released version of SPC5 studio? I have seen post here mentioning the version 5.2.3 being available. My application is still on version 5.0. Its showing 'no updates found in the available software sites' when checking for updates.

#spc5-studio
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on March 03, 2017 at 11:06

Hello ,

There is a help section in SPC5Studio for SPC5Studio Wizard and screenshot associated

you can go in 'SPC5Studio Wizard' not 'SPC5 C/C++ Application'

we have a lot of xamples for differents boards

Best regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on February 28, 2017 at 16:58

Hello 123.abc ,

you have forgotten to add some components in the configuration.xml

Best Regards

Erwan

Posted on February 28, 2017 at 17:12

Hello Erwan, can you show me an example? Not sure if I am doing it right. I can add components, but its not really doing much. If I click on configuration, it brings the ''Application Configuration'' page. See picture below. 0690X00000606RvQAI.png

Thanks

Posted on March 02, 2017 at 10:05

Hello ,

You can use the application wizard (cf help section)

you can import some application examples via Application Wizard

Best Regards

Erwan

Posted on March 02, 2017 at 17:06

Hi,

I am creating the project using the 'SPC5 C/C++ Application' wizard, but as I mentioned before, I don't see any options for selecting the micro, clock configurations, adding any drivers, etc. 

I am able to load the example applications that are meant to be run on evaluation board from the 'SPC5Studio Application Wizard', but it does not provide me with options for changing or adding many of the components.

I am following the same steps as that shown in section 2.1 of UM1602 SPC5 Studio Users Guide for creating an SPC5 application.  I am not able to perform the steps mentioned in section 2.2 ( assembling the application) since I don't see a 'Structure' tab in the configuration editor window.  

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on March 03, 2017 at 11:06

Hello ,

There is a help section in SPC5Studio for SPC5Studio Wizard and screenshot associated

you can go in 'SPC5Studio Wizard' not 'SPC5 C/C++ Application'

we have a lot of xamples for differents boards

Best regards

Erwan