Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Countermeasure of Motor Profiler's Over-current at P-NUCLEO-IHM001

nakayama
Associate
Posted on January 13, 2016 at 04:28

Hi there.

I'm trying to learn FOC SDK using P-NUCLEO-IHM001.

First test's firmware is ''STM32CubeExpansion_SPN7_V1.0.0\Projects\Multi\Examples\MotorControl\Binary\STM32F302R8-Nucleo\X-CUBE-SPN7.bin''.

It worked(I judged it only just looking rotation of motor).

Second test's firmware is output of project ''C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\FOC SDK\STM32 PMSM FOC LIBv4.2\Web\Project\MDK-ARM\UserProject\STM32F30x_UserProject.uvprojx''.

(Using STMCWB outputs parameter.c/.h files, 3 shunt & 6 pole pair)

It seems success about serial communication, However Over-Current faults occurs in a 1 seconds after push the [Start] button.

I heard PWM sound would gradually get bigger.

(Please check appended screenshot image...)

Stabilized power supply indicated 0.05A, just before stop motor profiler.

So I want to know 3 matters.

1.How Motor Profiler judge current of first sequence.

*STMCWB setting was default(nominal 2.1A).

2.How can I tune(software/hardware) that range.

3.Why X-CUBE-SPN7.bin was work.

[Motor Spec]

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__42861__Turnigy_Aerodrive_DST_700_Brushless_Outrunner_motor_700kv.html

Please forgive me my lousy english.

Best regards.

0690X000006032JQAQ.jpg

#p-nucleo-ihm001 #foc-sdk #dst700
2 REPLIES 2
Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 16:01

Ciao

The option that you have at the moment is to decrease the nominal current set into the motor section. The 2.1A is an hardware over current protection, if you set this value as nominal current you will have for sure the over current error. The nominal current must be below that one and not only below but greatly below, this because there are some ripple in the current due the PWM generation that depends on the Bus voltage applied and mostly from the inductance of the motor.

For instance to have a working condition in case of the default FW programmed in the MC-Kit we used 0.7A of nominal current. You can experiment to find the proper value. To high and you will get overcurrent, to low and you can not have sufficient torque to spin the motor.

Ciao

Gigi

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards