Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC5 FLASH/DEBUG TOOLS - connector pinout

alessandro2
Associate III
Posted on March 21, 2016 at 15:12

Hello,

I am working with SPC560D40L3 microcontroller and I have some questions on how to design the interface between my board (which design is still in work) and the SPC5 UDESTK and the SPCconnect tools.

Please find my questions below:

- SPC5 UDESTK - how to do the pin assignment on the board JTAG connector:

- what is the JTAG pinout on the cable side? Can I assume the connector pinout on the board side is the same as the one on the demo board (SPC560D-DIS)and just do the same? 

-SPC5 connect - JTAG connector

- what is the pinout on the cable side? Is it different from the UDESTK? In other words: do I have to foresee two different JTAG connectors on my board for the two different devices, or can the same connector on the board will be OK for both?

- SPC5 connect - flash over CAN bus

- what is the pinout on the DB9 connector? Is it the standard one with CANH on pin 7 and CANL on pin 2? Do I need to foresee extra connections for the SP5 connect to work using CAN or just the two CANH/CANL are enough?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on April 15, 2016 at 15:48

Hello Alem ,

Sorry for the late answer ,

- SPC5 UDESTK - how to do the pin assignment on the board JTAG connector:

- what is the JTAG pinout on the cable side? 

Can I assume the connector pinout on  the board side is the same as the one on the demo board (SPC560D-DIS)and just do  the same? 

Yes it is the same. Datasheet in chapter 2.4.1 of SPC560D-Discovery Board pdf document.

-SPC5 connect - JTAG connector

- what is the pinout on the cable side? Is it different from the UDESTK? 

In other  words: do I have to foresee two different JTAG connectors on my board for the two  different devices, or can the same connector on the board will be OK for both?

It should be the same because we are using the same debugger. (PLS/UDE debuggers) for SPC5Connect

- SPC5 connect - flash over CAN bus

- what is the pinout on the DB9 connector? 

Is it the standard one with CANH on pin  7 and CANL on pin 2? 

Do I need to foresee extra connections for the SP5 connect to  work using CAN or just the two CANH/CANL are enough?

Yes , it is the standard one.

Could you confirm your Hardware used ? do you use a minimodule with D40L3 ?

Best regards

Erwan