Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f4xx using mic at low systicks

haukeye
Associate II
Posted on February 21, 2016 at 13:47

Hi,

I'm using the stm32f4-discovery board for recording signals utilizing the microphone.

I'm configuring the clocks according to ST configuration tool ''STM32F4XX Rev A system clock configuration v1.0.1''.

when configuring according to HSE(8MHZ) and desired HCLK freq of 168MHZ, everyhting is OK.

but when using HCLK 84 MHZ freq,the recordings look almost good->there are many abrupt peaks,at sine wave recording.

also,according to the AN3997

''The I2S peripheral is configured as master in order to generate the correct clock (1,024 MHz) for the digital microphone. The 1,024 MHz clock is calculated from the output audio streaming (16 KHz) and the decimation factor (64) chosen for the demo (16000 Hz x 64 = 1.024 MHz). (Refer to AN3998 for PDM audio software decoding).''

There's a register that's supposed to be loaded with the 1.024MHz.

what is its name ? At the examples of the board recording, i didn't manage to find the mentioned configuration.

any recommendations ?

Thanks a lot !!!
1 REPLY 1
Posted on February 21, 2016 at 15:45

There is a secondary PLL that can drive the I2S

I'm not up for wading into the audio functionality, but the Reference Manual, the Clock Tree and the I2S peripheral are where to look to understand how the hardware works, and the interactions between the sub-systems.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..