cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-IHM040V1 with FOC SDK

dayandenizcan
Associate
Posted on February 26, 2016 at 14:33

I have obtained a STEVAL-IHM040v1 board a while ago and worked on it with six-step motor commutation method. But now, İ have to use it with FOC method, so I am trying to use STM32 PMSM FOC SDK in order to configure and control the board.

I have managed to change the GUI for the board and the motor that I'm using. Then I've tried to download the code into the board and it succeeded (I am using IAR EWARM by the way). But nothing happened, it did not drive the motor. Here are the details:

- I disabled the on/off switch option from the Motor Control WB GUI since there is no switch on the board.

- I have entered my motor parameters correctly for sure.

- Checked analog and digital pins one-by-one, they seem correct (I opened the example project for IHM040v1 from ST MC WB, so I think they are correct by default)

- Checked the minimum and maximum voltage supply values from ST MC WB.

- I used the STM32F10x_Workspace and batch built it with selecting STM32100B-EVAL, as suggested on IHM040v1's documents.

- I un-commented the #define DEMOMODE line in main.c, again, as suggested on IHM040v1's documents.

Is there anyone who worked with IHM040v1 and FOC SDK? If so, can you help me with this? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 15:29

Ciao

I take a look at the code... and seems that the DEMOMODE modality has been removed. So if you enable it, uncommenting the define, nothing will happen. Basically no command is sent to the motor that stays in IDLE state forever.

I suggest to take a look at the examples of the code present in the folder Project\STM32_SDK_Examples to understand how to send commands (like start or execute speed ramp) to the motor using the MC API.

Ciao

Gigi

David Martins
Senior
Posted on November 11, 2016 at 13:23

Hello.

I have already followed all the documents, but I can not run the motor.

Can someone help me please?

I configured the SDK, generated the header files, opened the ''STM32F0xx_Workspace.uvmpw'', but I do not know how to go forward ...

PS: I'm using Keil compiler

Thank you

David Martins
Senior
Posted on November 11, 2016 at 15:11

Sorry, I mean ''

STM32F1xx_Workspace.uvmpw''.

David Martins
Senior
Posted on November 15, 2016 at 19:27

Can someone help me please?

This configuration already has the changes made.

Can someone explain to me how I put the motor running at a fixed speed?

What do I have to do in the IAR (or KEIL) workspace?

There is no clear information on how this works!

I'm freaking out with this ....

Attachments :

drive_alte.stmcx : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzIQ&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bJR%2FpQlnrKwnYvV3gnWUtbNblwkL1ujtEMWUYDrH5KiwWPM&asPdf=false
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards