cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to generate C++ project (for SW4STM32)

nbobovnikov
Associate II
Posted on December 29, 2016 at 11:21

Hello,

Currently, there is a possibility to generate C projects for different IDEs including SW4STM32, which uses gcc for compilation. But one can also use C++ code with g++ compiler supporting cool c++11/14 features, and there may be a number of people who would like to utilize this. Right now there is no possibility to create C++ project from STM32Cube and one needs to rename main.c to main.cpp and setup compiler manually. So I suggest to add an option to generate C++ project from STM32 Cube, so that *.cpp files are generated (at least main.cpp) and 

g++ compiler is used in project settings. I didn't find bug/feature tracking system, so I post this suggestion here

Regards,

Nikolay
7 REPLIES 7
kopf
Associate II
Posted on January 03, 2017 at 04:46

+1

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on January 03, 2017 at 09:28

Hi

Bobovnikov.Nikolay

‌,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will forward this to our team.

-Nesrine-

We are looking for your wishes about our STM32 products,ecosystem and community:

https://community.st.com/community/stm32-community/stm32-forum/blog/2016/12/30/2017-stm32-wish-list

J F
Associate
Posted on May 13, 2017 at 21:59

+1

Evgeny Erlihman
Associate III
Posted on October 17, 2017 at 19:29

Hey Nikolay,

Have you figured out a way of keeping the C++ related settings when the code is regenerated?

Thanks,

Evgeny

Posted on October 20, 2017 at 21:16

Hi

ELMHIRI.Syrine

Any plans of adding C++ support to the Cube?

Thanks,

Evgeny

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on January 18, 2018 at 15:23

Hi

Bobovnikov.Nikolay

Musskopf.Mike

evgeny.erlihman

and

Felix.Jose

We do understand the need for you to generate C++project and this need is well known internally.

However, for the moment, with the success of STM32CubeMX, we have a lot of requests/suggestions to study andmanyimprovements to integrate.

And the C++ generation project item is not yet under study currently.

Sorry, for the inconvenience it may cause.

BR. Jeanne

Thomas Hoppe
Associate III
Posted on April 04, 2018 at 19:46

+1