Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4 Discovery USB issue

bhaskarm
Associate II
Posted on January 26, 2016 at 03:52

Hello All,

I am having trouble using the USB OTG peripheral on the 32L476GDISCOVERY board. I took off the LCD and shorted the solder bridges that connect the Vbus (and the USB ID) pin. I am trying to use the board as a USB Device connected to a PC.

I do not see any activity on the DP and DM lines when I connect a USB cable. More troubling is the fact that I am not getting 5V on the Vusb pin of the Micro USB connector when it is connected to a PC. I tried connecting a USB charger to the port to eliminate any PC related issues and I still did not get 5V.

Has anyone here used the STM32L4 discovery board as a USB device? The Radar project on this page

http://www.rs-online.com/designspark/electronics/blog/creating-a-radar-speed-detector-with-a-stm32l476-discovery-board

seems to be using the USB OTG port without any issues. However that project does not have any information on the Discovery board itself.

I looked at the schematic to figure out if anything might be holding the Vbus pin to ground but nothing seems out of place. I am out of ideas at this point and looking for anyone in this forum to provide me with a little guidance.
1 REPLY 1
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on April 13, 2016 at 15:05

Hi mukherjee.bhaskar,

refer to this [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/STM32L476%20USB%20Termination&currentviews=18]thread.

-Syrine-