cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is TS_CAL2 missing on STM32F070?

Posted on January 26, 2016 at 11:47

Hi everyone -

In the datasheet for the STM32F070, the table that lists temperature sensor calibration registers (section 3.10.1, table 3) only gives the details of TS_CAL1 (the 30deg c calibration value).  The RM approriate to this processor (RM0360) includes an example that references a 110 deg c calibration value TS_CAL2 (at address 0x1FFFF7C2).  The 0x1/0x2/0x8 series datasheets (RM0091) include both calibration registers in the same place.

I've double checked latest docs by following from st.com so I don't think I've googled an out of date version of the data sheet.

Can someone confirm with certainty that its reasonable to use the 0x1 datasheets and the 0x0 reference manual's appendix example for the TS_CAL2 value, i.e. this is an error in the 0x0 datasheet, or do the 070 series parts in fact not have the second calibration value - which seems not very useful - and its the reference manuals that are wrong.

Thanks, 

Daniel

#stm32-temperature-stmf0x0-stmf0
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on January 26, 2016 at 13:15

The ''value line'' 'F030/F070 variants are not tested as thoroughly as their ''full-fledged higher-cost'' counterparts, thus the high-temperature value is missing.

The code is included probably as a copy-paste from the ''full-fledged'' UM.

JW

Posted on January 26, 2016 at 13:59

Cool, thank you for responding.

Daniel
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on January 27, 2016 at 11:50

Hi daniel,

I confirm that this is an error in RM0360 snippet as explained by jan.

So there is no TS_CAL2 in STM32F030x4/6/8/C and STM32F070x6/B.

The temperature computation code example will be fixed in next version of RM0360.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Lukasz Nowak
Associate III
Posted on June 19, 2016 at 15:33

Hi,

I have the same issue. As far as I can see, RM0360 has not been updated yet (it still includes both TS_CAL1 and TS_CAL2).

Can you provide example how an absolute temperature can be calculated with only TS_CAL1?

How can I obtain the slope value, i.e. how many ADC units to take per degree C without TS_CAL2?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Lukasz Nowak

Posted on June 19, 2016 at 16:09

I don't think the parts get the same level of testing.

I would recommend that you run your board/part over a temperature profiles, at the voltage it normally runs at, and develop a slope from that.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..