cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4 support eMMC

fema
Associate III
Posted on June 13, 2018 at 15:57

How to make my STM32L4 to support eMMC device ? I run the code cube_FW_L4_V1.12.0 on my board then it failed on the cmd55 at SD_PowerON stage.

The eMMC chip is the 'KingSton  eMMC04G-M627 eMMC' 4GB. 

Any idea . Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
Posted on June 13, 2018 at 16:02

>>How to make my STM32L4 to support eMMC device ?

I'm accepting reasonable offers for my time/expertise.

Define the specific model of L4 you are using, and the connectivity of the SDMMC pins, and a USART you are using for debug output/telemetry.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
fema
Associate III
Posted on June 13, 2018 at 16:44

I am using the the STM32L4R5QG chip and connect the eMMC chip to the SDMMC1 same as the STML4-DISCO board.

The CMD8 return me error 4 the (CommandTimeout) so it goes to define the 'hsd->SdCard.CardVersion = CARD_V1_X '

And then CMD55 also return error 4 (CommandTimeOut) then it return 'HAL_SD_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_FEATURE' .

Posted on June 13, 2018 at 17:43

Which DISCO? STM32L4R9I-DISCO?

Which USART and pins? Support for SWV via PB3?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on July 05, 2018 at 23:07

I have these board from

Przenioslo.Lukasz

? working on NUCLEO-L4R5ZI and NUCLEO-L496ZG boards0690X00000604TwQAI.jpg

Hi,

I'm currently working on the same boards and I was looking forward to make eMMC work with it.

Do you manage to make it work ?

Yes, I have working eMMC support ported to multiple STM32 platforms.

Do you bother to send me an exemple of your code ?

I tried to port F4 HAL MMC file to L4 but it didn't work at first try.

I would really appreciate a little bit of help 🙂

thanks

Which board specifically, I mentioned two? Four or Eight bit implementation?

Which makes/models of eMMC are you using?

I can provide a demo application in .HEX format, source code is only available to clients. Contact details in profile.

I think this is a reasonably current 4-bit eMMC build for the NUCLEO-L4R5ZI

Outputs diagnostic via ST-LINK VCP at 115200 8N1