cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP1ML Bricked/Unresponsive after baud rate change

jgarr
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2016 at 22:27

Trying to see what he max throughput i could get through the SP1ML915 i decided to jack the baudrate up to 460800. After sending the command and then switching my com port baud I was able to communicate with the module. Save the settings ''AT/C'' and power reset. Now the module is completely unresponsive. I have tried re-flashing the firmware but no luck. Any other way of defaulting the module?

EDIT:

Some observations from testing.  Having another working module sending broadcast data out and probing the Tx line on the bricked module I was able to see data being clocked out. This data however is coming out at a rate of ~150bps and not consistent to the data being sent (0xAA).

I am starting to get the feeling that this may be a firmware bug in how different baud rates are handles/calculated.

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II
Posted on March 11, 2016 at 12:33

You should be able to reach the bootloader of the chip to reflash the firmware.

sean23
Associate II
Posted on October 25, 2016 at 14:47

I'm currently dealing with the exact same issue with 2 SP1ML-868. I increased the baud rate to 921600 as this is necessary if you're using higher air data rates according to an ST rep. After increasing the baud rate the modules they continued to function, however after I dropped the baud rate back to 115200 the modules became completely unresponsive and I can't enter back into command mode.

Pedro Henrique Kopper
Associate II
Posted on March 09, 2018 at 04:25

Sorry for reviving the post, but has any of you solved this problem?