cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF01SA UDP Connection Inconsistent

jgarr
Associate II
Posted on January 29, 2016 at 14:05

When I configure one module to listen on a port I can then connect to it via PC client and enter data mode. At this point a link is established and communications are asynchronous bidirectional.

When configuring one module to listen (same as above) and another to connect to a port (AT+S.SOCKON=<ip>,<port>,u), the connection can be made but data mode (AT+S) cannot be enabled on either device and communications are not bidirectional like it was talking to pc. Am I missing something obvious here? Whats the difference between talking UDP to a PC client or the module client?
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on January 29, 2016 at 14:48

Hi Jason,

CommandMode/DataMode exists only on socket server (SOCKD). Socket client are always in CommandMode.

Check ''Data Mode'' on forum main page. There are a lot of threads on how to use CM/DM.

Regards

j

jgarr
Associate II
Posted on January 29, 2016 at 20:42

Thanks, that clears things up.

Now after doing some testing I'm finding that this operation inherently makes the module asymmetric in that it can receive many more packets/s than it can send (5byte payload). I can Rx > 160/s with minimal loss but Tx i begin to get hard faults as soon as i get below 20/s. Is there a trick here or is it just the nature of the beast?

Posted on January 29, 2016 at 20:46

Which FW version are you using? I don't expect hardfaults using latest version.

Please update. Contact your local distributor.

Thanks

j

jgarr
Associate II
Posted on February 01, 2016 at 16:39

V3.4