Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX ftl template

Roman Priesol
Associate II
Posted on March 08, 2016 at 11:08

Hello guys,

Can somebody share a list of all possible variables that I can use in FreeMarker templates inside of STM32CubeMX with me? I am working on a Makefile and .ld (because existing have not very nice license ;)) ) template.

And a it is possible to achieve filename of generated file based on a variable? It looks like that existing templates have an external logic, but it could be nice to have the same for custom templates as well.

#freemarker #stm32cubemx #cubemx
2 REPLIES 2
stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on March 08, 2016 at 12:37

Hello,

The variables are listed in an .ftl template file provided under CubeMX installation folder within the \db\extra_templates directory.

Concerning your request about passing the generated file's filename as a variable, this is not supported and will be logged as an enhancement request.

Thank you

Roman Priesol
Associate II
Posted on March 08, 2016 at 13:20

Yes, I know that there are two examples (here are only variables about peripherals used) + I can use a bunch of other templates that are in db/templates directory, but it could be nice to have everything in one place. I am interested for project specific variables like are in ioc file (at least project name) and then mcu details like are in mcu/*.xml (I need memory information for ld).

Maybe developers have a better documentation and they could share it with us.

Anyway..many thanks.