Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F103 Reset not working.

kvresto
Senior
Posted on February 05, 2016 at 12:38

Hi.

I have been programming my new nucleo_F103RB, a bit lately and I have noticed lately that when I program the micro with whatever I'm working on, the program finally runs after ST-LINK has finished. But when I disconnect my board from the USB port, and then  reconnect, nothing happens.

The code wont run, and I cannot I reset the micro with the reset switch. 

I think it might have something to do with mbed, because the only thing that happens when I reconnect is the explorer opens up and I can see an embed file stored on the device. 

Has anyone had this problem? can someone help out with a solution, or even an explanation as to why?

cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on February 05, 2016 at 17:04

Most likely your code fails to initialize clocks or pins which you are using. The debugger touches the processor and configures things for it's own needs, when it stops doing that your code get the processor in reset conditions.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
kvresto
Senior
Posted on February 06, 2016 at 00:04

Hi Clive, I just loaded the Adafruit joystick demo that I downloaded from ST, and my Nucleo behaves the same . It runs just after ST-LINK downloads the new firmware, but if I disconnect and reconnect, it does nothing, even pressing reset does nothing.

I looked at reset on my DSO, and it seems to be toggling whenever I press reset, so that cant be it. Also just after a reprogram with ST-LINK, the board resets and restarts fine without issue?

I'm wondering if during the many changes and many, many test progs I loaded, whether I changed something, like any configuration fuses? or other, has anyone got any ideas?
kvresto
Senior
Posted on February 06, 2016 at 01:25

Can anyone explain why after doing the following my board started to work fine.

1) Tried to debug with Atollic True Studio, Atollic complained about my ST-LINK firmware needing upgrade, so I carried out the upgrade.

2) Unconnected, and then reconnected, and then “its a miracle� it stared and ran just fine, and ran fine after every power cycle???

What just happened?