Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with finding files in path for SW4STM32

kvresto
Senior
Posted on January 30, 2016 at 22:22

Hi.

I have just downloaded SW the executable version for W10, and created a project and some directories. I have included the directories in the IDE path. My problem is even though the directories containing some source file are located in the path SW does not seem to recognize the functions I am calling from main() which are located in the source files of my newly created directories.

The new directories containing source an headers are:

USB-FS-Device_Driver/inc

USB-FS-Device_Driver/src

I have two pics included, the USB_Init() function is located in a file called usb_init.c located in the USB-FS-Device_Driver/src directory.

Can anyone help solve this.

Cheers

15 REPLIES 15
Posted on January 31, 2016 at 03:23

It's a linker error, so you need to look at why the function or source is not being built, look for #define/#ifdef constructs around the function, and make sure an object file for usb_init has been created.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
kvresto
Senior
Posted on January 31, 2016 at 23:25

I cant find any defines or other around the function or headers. I don't know how to make sure an object file for usb_init has been created. Curiously when I move the source file containing the function that cant be found to the main source directory, it compiles without a problem?? any ideas??

Also when viewing the projects directory structure, I noticed the directories created by SW for the project have what appears to be grey circles above them, with a 'c' in the middle, whereas the directories I added later don't have anything, is that a clue. I have added a pic.

''Clearly I don't know much/very little about eclipse''

Attachments :

eclipse.jpg : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Htl4&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aWZ%2FJq8JlgN58QbyFsxidv0SZbST2Py.16Dx.T5g.uJW9Cg&asPdf=false
Radosław
Senior
Posted on February 01, 2016 at 09:37

Hello

1. Check if all *.c files are compiled and chech include paths.

2. Clean and rebuild project.

3. Send as compilation log (not problems view)

4. Show as structore of you project. (do printscreen of project view)

kvresto
Senior
Posted on February 01, 2016 at 11:24

Hi I'm not sure of which files you want, so I sent what was in the root of the debug directory, included are two pics.

thanks

Attachments :

Debug.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzUM&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bMe%2FICY8EwIXQveHVhLsAuy3x63KCICUghhS9iQkGeQLZ7k&asPdf=false
Radosław
Senior
Posted on February 01, 2016 at 11:32

Make don't see your USB library source files. check settings, add folder as source folder.

kvresto
Senior
Radosław
Senior
Posted on February 01, 2016 at 13:03

Why you don't attach compilation log??

Please show it.

kvresto
Senior
Posted on February 01, 2016 at 13:25

sure which file is it?

Radosław
Senior
Posted on February 01, 2016 at 13:41

It isn't a file.  Clean project and compile it. Then please copy everything from console.

Attach *.txt file