Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control area network recieve interrupt in stm32f4

rohit2
Associate II
Posted on May 12, 2017 at 08:49

HI ,

Am facing issue in recieving interrupt in COntrol area netwaork of Stm32f427zgt6 controller,

I have set Can as Master mode .

Also when a single slave is connected with ID - 0 , Can peripheral do not sense interrupt, but moment a new ID is added in paraller as a slave with ID - 1, both statrt to get sense.

Can any one explain this behavior , also y am not recieving interrupt when single slave is connected with ID-0

?

Rohit

Thanks in advance.

#stm32f427 #controller-area-network
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on May 12, 2017 at 22:24

Really not making a lot of sense.

Do you have the Filters set up correctly? CAN2 requires CAN1 to be functioning.

All nodes see the same traffic, a node can pull multiple different message ID. Try using Message ID 1 and 2

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rohit2
Associate II
Posted on May 13, 2017 at 09:57

Thanks Clive fro your reply,

I tried ID-1 and 2 , but still no interrupt is coming.

Posted on May 13, 2017 at 10:04

Dear clive i wanted to share register values am obtaining while debugging , please have a look.

0690X000006070bQAA.png

Above image is the image taken when no slave device is connected.

0690X00000606wBQAQ.png

Above image taken when slave with ID-1 connected to my hardware, please have a look at ESR register, which is CAN error status register. Which shows lot of errors registered upon recieve of data, but still i didnt recieve any interrupt..

Posted on May 13, 2017 at 15:01

You'd have to dig into the HAL to understand why the interrupts are not dispatched to you.

Yes the error count looks very high, perhaps you should be looking at the transceivers and termination on the bus, especially if add additional devices to the bus changes its behaviour.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on May 15, 2017 at 17:48

Hi

KAdecha.Rohit

Which firmware package are you using?

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of STM32CubeF4 which includes HAL CAN updates, thenKeep us informed about your updates.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
rohit2
Associate II
Posted on May 16, 2017 at 07:21

Hi Imen,

Thanks for your reply.

Am using is 'STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.14.0'.