cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware for BlueNRG-MS

daithi62
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2017 at 18:34

I am communicating with the BlueNRG-MS over SPI using an ST eval board with an F1 micro. I am able to send data over the MOSI line and receive the 0x2 ready data as shown in the attached image. I am having issues with receiving data from the BlueNRG-MS device.

When I send a read command in the header, I only get the 0x2 on the MISO line.

Does the BlueNRG-MS component need a certain firmware loaded to enable it to set the IRQ line high when it has data to send? It is currently running with v7.2c. (details also attached below) 

I am curious to know how the IRQ line is set high.

Thank you,

cod

2 REPLIES 2
Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on March 31, 2017 at 12:44

Dear Cod,

for more information about how to bring up your BlueNRG-MS device, you may refer to the

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/46/0a/77/7b/04/f5/4c/b7/DM00116738.pdf/files/DM00116738.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00116738.pdf

You'll find instructions about the SPI setup, crystal configuration and other important details for correct operation of your chip.

If suitable for your application scenario, did you also consider the possibility to use the

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/wireless-connectivity/bluetooth-bluetooth-low-energy/spbtle-rf.html

? It's based on BlueNRG-MS, includes the RF part, and all the HW details have been taken care already. Besides, the module is pre-certified.

Hope that helps,

Antonio

Posted on March 31, 2017 at 13:35

Hi Antonio, thank you for your response.

I have been referring to AN4494 and UM1865 for the setup of the system. There are some discrepancies in the material such as no TEST9. I only have TEST8, TEST11 and TEST12. I have also tested the device with the GUI and there are no issues there.

It is when I am trying to create my own library in Keil that I don't receive valid data from the BlueNRG-MS after the 0x2 ready signal.

According to the document I should also be receiving a 0x7F byte.

Regards,

David