cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Bootloader Source

Konami
Senior
Posted on May 15, 2018 at 19:21

I'm working with a NUCLEO-F411RE and am starting to look at writing a custom bootloader. Is the default bootloader source available somewhere that I could use as a reference?

#stm32-bootloader
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on May 15, 2018 at 19:33

It is not, but you could disassemble it if you really wanted too. Created my own annotated listings here.

There are many better examples you could draw from. ST also has a handful of IAP examples using assorted interfaces and methods.

I would generally suggest creating something that can work with standard tools (ie a terminal app) rather than something that needs a custom app or drivers on each of the host operating systems you will be expected to support.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on May 15, 2018 at 19:23

I don't think so.

JW

Posted on May 15, 2018 at 19:33

It is not, but you could disassemble it if you really wanted too. Created my own annotated listings here.

There are many better examples you could draw from. ST also has a handful of IAP examples using assorted interfaces and methods.

I would generally suggest creating something that can work with standard tools (ie a terminal app) rather than something that needs a custom app or drivers on each of the host operating systems you will be expected to support.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Konami
Senior
Posted on May 15, 2018 at 20:47

Also, is the image at least available so I can restore the default bootloader?

Posted on May 15, 2018 at 19:40

Thanks guys, that's unfortunate. I'm trying to use the USB DFU feature, but the issue I'm having is that the STM32 controls the power for the host device that would need to perform the DFU so whenever I enter the bootloader it kills my host.

I would like to continue to use the USB interface and just add a few GPIO initializations. What's the best path for this?

Posted on May 15, 2018 at 21:52

You can read it out. I believe you can't destroy it thus you don't need to restore it.

JW

Posted on May 15, 2018 at 22:01

Yes I see now that it's in ROM not in FLASH, thanks