cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM3240G recommended Motor kit IHM-???

jack239955_st
Associate II
Posted on March 31, 2016 at 22:03

Hi, I am not having much luck with the Nucleo-IHM001 eval kit(s), for now going to put them down, very dissapointing. I have a STM3240G eval board that appears to be supported by the ST motor control workbench. Can anyone recommend a IHM-XXX power stage/driver that is 'known' to work with STM3240G eval board? And is hopefully 'known' to be supported by the ST motor control workbench? Thanks.

#nucleo-ihm001-stm3240g
5 REPLIES 5
Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 14:13

Ciao Jack

If you had the chance to install the last version of STM32 MC workbench (that is the PC tools used to configure the MC firmware) you can take a look at the supported ST EVAL board.

I'm referring to the ''new project'' section in which you can select the system according to the board that you are using. In that section you will find all the power board that are supported by the MC firmware (and workbench) and also all the power board enabled with the motor profiler feature.

Ciao

Gigi

jack239955_st
Associate II
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 16:17

Thanks Gigi, yes I've already installed 4.2.0 (prior to my post) and I did already see the list of power boards that are there in the power drop down menu for the STM324xG-eval. However, I think we can agree just because a particular baord is in the drop down menu doesn't necessarily mean that all of them are 'known' to work.

Let me just bluntly ask, if you had an STM3240G board in front of you, and you had to get a FOC demonstration going quickly and reliably, given your experience with this line products- Which IHM power board would be the first you would select to develop a quick application using the MC workbench?

Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 16:38

Ciao Jack

With a compatible board (I mean the one listed in the WB) you can be sure that you can work. Even more if you find an example project, but for the STM324xG-EVAL I see that is present only a project with the MB459 that is the power board of the MC Kit, and it is a little bit expansive.

If I have to start with the evaluation of the system using the STM324xG-EVAL I'll go with one of the new generation of power boards like the ST-EVAL-IPMxx (all of them are similar and you can simply choose according the required power of your final application).

Ciao

Gigi

jack239955_st
Associate II
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 16:53

Thank you Gigi, I was leaning towards the IPM kits too. -Jack

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Adding of STM32 Motor Control topic.

Best regards.