Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F303REs RTC Error

truongtanduong
Associate
Posted on March 07, 2016 at 04:06

Hi all,

I have designed a device to track data of car. I have used the STM32F303RE and FreeRTOS to program its operation. 

When I use SD card task to read data from SD, it take a long time (about 30 minutes) to get data. After that, I found an error relate to RTC of MCU. I have displayed time and day of RTC on Terminal and got a result: 00:68:68 19/02/2000. And the interrupt of RTC also has not operated (I have used AlarmA interrupt of RTC to generate 1 second interrupt). But when I reset device, RTC operated well, time and day displayed correctly.

I have tried to understand this error but not successful.

Could anyone give me some advice to resolve this problem?

Thank you very much.

#!stm32-!cubemx-!rtc-!timeout #!stm32-!cubemx-!rtc
1 REPLY 1
Posted on March 07, 2016 at 19:27

Wouldn't the RTC naturally interrupt on a 1Hz basis, doesn't seem like you'd need an Alarm setting.

Really can't make much sense of your problem from the description, perhaps you can provide a better foundation, with the code configuring the RTC, and the code getting 00:68:68 numbers. Make sure you understand the difference with BIN and BCD modes.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..