Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design clarification about STM32F302VB

riyashinisaran
Associate II
Posted on March 15, 2016 at 08:15

Dear Sir,

We are new to ST controllers.Actually we used PIC16F series for our projects.Now we are decided to move ST controllers due to its performance and its lower cost.So we decided to choose STM32F302VBT6(LQFP-100) for our application.

From the datasheet and referenc manuals i have completed my schematic.But still i want some more clarifications regarding the schematic design.

1.I chose PA0 as ADC input.another function of the pin is ''Wakeup''.Is it ok to choose this pin as ADC?If i use this pin as wake up then what will be the hardware design for that.?

2.Is PA1 port RS-485 EN pin?shall i connect EN pin of RS-485 here.?

3.where is BOOT1 pin for this STM32F302VB ?

4.I Used 3 USART pins for

1.rs-485(Rx,Tx,EN)

2.GSM(Tx,Rx)

3.GPS(Rx,Tx).the chosen ports are found ok?

5.What is the purpose of TRACE CK,TRACE D0,TRACE D1,TRACE D2,TRACE D3?

Is it neccesity to connect those pins?    

6.shall i use PD8-PD12 as I/O s? 
4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on March 15, 2016 at 16:40

Hi palanichamy.priyadha,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

Before answering the questions you asked, I would like to recommend you have a look to the

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/application_note/DM00070391.pdf

: ''Getting started with STM32F3 series hardware development''.

It will help you on your schematic and board implementation.

Here answers to some of your questions:

1.I chose PA0 as ADC input.another function of the pin is ''Wakeup''.Is it ok to choose this pin as ADC?If i use this pin as wake up then what will be the hardware design for that.?

In STM32F302, you have 3 wake up pins available (PA0/PC13/PE6). So you can select the switable one depending on your need.

The same pin cannot be used for 2 functions at the same time.

For ADC usage, the pin has to be configured in analog mode.

3.where is BOOT1 pin for this STM32F302VB ?

There is only Boot0 pin. Boot1 is available as an option bit (you may update it using STLink Utility).

5.What is the purpose of TRACE CK,TRACE D0,TRACE D1,TRACE D2,TRACE D3?

Is it neccesity to connect those pins?    

These pins have to be configured if you will use the ETM (Embedded trace macrocell).

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on March 15, 2016 at 17:35

Bunch of odd stuff in there, not sure what's going on with NRST and BOOT0. You can reset the part in software, and jump to the ROM loader.

I would not use a 20-pin JTAG connector, consider the 10-pin SWD connector.

4) Would strongly recommend to determine which pins you need to access the System Loader via the USART. You should evaluate using the Flash Loader Demonstrator on a Discovery or Evaluation board.

5) Unless you plan to spend $1500 on a trace probe, and $5000 on software, you probably don't need a trace connector.

6) I guess you'll need to determine what pins are free.

I'd suggest you thoroughly evaluate using an existing F3 board before jumping into a design.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
riyashinisaran
Associate II
Posted on March 16, 2016 at 06:01

Thanks for your reply.

I have gone through the Hardware development Document which you suggest.And i have designed according to that document.So i can configure TRACECK,D0,D1,D2,D3 pins in software.Have you gone through my attachment what i posted in my post?Can you review and tell your suggestions and correction?

riyashinisaran
Associate II
Posted on March 16, 2016 at 06:04

Thanks for your reply.

We asked for the local distributor for F3 development board..After evaluating that i ll move to the design