cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAR example project wont link from eclipse IDE

ryan2
Associate II
Posted on March 08, 2016 at 17:11

I tried importing the IAR example (STM32-P405) using the eclipse plug-in but was unsuccessful, I kept getting an exception. I don't remember exactly what the exception.

So then I duplicated the project in Eclipse. I was careful to include all of the libraries and get all of the settings to match.

Now I am able to compile but unable to link. It's complaining about missing definitions. I've followed the includes through the code and I don't see any reason why those would not be included. As far as I can tell they are included... but I don't see them building. It's complaining about things in the STM32F4xx_StdPeriph_driver/inc directory.

It didn't occur to me those wern't even building until just now. I'll look to see why they aren't building.

#know-your-tools
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on March 08, 2016 at 17:14

It's complaining about things in the STM32F4xx_StdPeriph_driver/inc directory. 

Review Include Paths passed to the compiler

Review the Defines passed to the compiler

These may be things stored in the project settings or metadata

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ryan2
Associate II
Posted on March 08, 2016 at 19:31

IAR creates the workspace in a subdir of the project but depends on some things in the parent directory to be built. I created the Eclipse project in the same subdir so all the necessary libraries were excluded from the build. I moved the whole project up a directory and after a significant amount of fighting I was able to get it to build.

I sure with the import function worked.