Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPIRIT1 RSSI Filter Gain

desenvolvimento
Associate II
Posted on October 19, 2016 at 15:46

Hi,

I am doing some measurements using the RSSI from the SPIRIT1. I am making the the following test:

In the transmiter I am using the continuos wave 

In the receiver I am verifing the RSSI as the following:

Enter RX state,

Waiting some us (~180)

SABORT Command

Reading de Register 0xC8

With a distance of 10m between transmiter and receiver I can see the RSSI in the receiver going lower when the transmiter power goes low, GREAT!

The problem is when I am using the transmiter to send packets. Does not matter if I change the power transmited from 16dBm to -30 dBm. In the receiver my RSSI measured is always -54 dBm, using the same distance from the test with a transmiter in continuos wave.

I know that the power in the transmiter is changing, because I am using a spectrum analyzer to check it.

I would like to know if anyone has some insights about what could be happening. I am looking at the registers related to the RSSI, like RSSI_FLT. I do not understand how the RSSI Filter Gain works and if it is what is causing my RSSI to be constant.

1 REPLY 1
desenvolvimento
Associate II
Posted on October 20, 2016 at 16:55

Hello again,

The problem was my firmware. I was rewriting the POWER_8 register with 0x01 every time I was making packet transmissions, thus, my RSSI would not change due to fixed output power.