Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID sublicencing

pj
Associate II
Posted on January 22, 2018 at 19:02

Hi.

Does ST sublicence PID numbers? I use STM32F303Rx micros in my products. Who should I contact. I have tried ST UK office and several distributors, but unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get in touch with a person who knows something about it.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Peter

#usb-pid-vid #sublicense #stm32 #usb #pid
7 REPLIES 7
Szymon PANECKI
Senior III
Posted on January 22, 2018 at 20:13

Hello Peter,

Yes, ST is able to sublicence USB 

PID for customers, who use STM32 MCUs in their products. I suggest to post your reuqest on ST online support:

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/support/online-support.html

Regards

Szymon

Posted on January 22, 2018 at 23:01

Hi Szymon.

Thank you very much, I am Polish living in the UK but lets keep this conversation understandable for the other people as well. I was told to contact my ST FAE (whatever this abbreviation means ), but there are no FAEs in the UK (at least for the smaller companies). I was directed by your office to the distributors but of course they even do no know what the PID means . I will try now your way.

Regards

PJ

Posted on January 22, 2018 at 23:57

FAE - Field Application Engineer

A customer facing engineer supporting software/hardware application of the chips in your design. They either know what they are doing, or who to talk to for the right answers.

Distributors take a big cut of the margins and should have people on staff to support their customers. If you're not getting that, it's time to ask awkward questions and take your business elsewhere.

People doing enough direct business with ST can also expect support to come from there. Historically a lot of ST FAEs lurking here, an uptick of participation here with the new forum, and change of leadership.

The ST staff at STM32 seminars are good one's to know, pretty sure the VID/PID stuff has come up before, certainly in the NA market.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 23, 2018 at 00:10

it's time to ask awkward questions and take your business elsewhere.

The only problem I have - I called all of them today. I wasted 4 hours explaining what the PID is and why I need to contact someone who knows something about it. I will try to contact the support directly. I rang the support in Prague today and was told to call today at 3pm but unfortunately the reception stopped to answer the call at all. 

Cedric LECOUTRE
ST Employee
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 18:24

Hi

Jankowski.Piotr

‌,

As answered by my colleague

Panecki.Szymon.002

, ST is able to answer to your request. But we will need more precise information on your product and exchange with you the detailed conditions. So that's why this request is processed within our

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/support/online-support.html

(OLS).

I have searched for your ticket, and just answered you.

For the other readers, be careful to submit such a request as Request type 'technical' and provide the proper product tree (Microcontrollers, STM32 32-bit ARM Cortex MCUs , product family, product reference) when submitting your question within OLS. This can be then handled faster by our regional MCU support teams (yes, the FAEs mentioned above ).

Best regards,

Cédric

Posted on January 25, 2018 at 18:42

Thank you very much. I was emailed today by one of your colleagues from the UK. Thank you very much for your help

Posted on July 11, 2018 at 03:38

We've posted a request for a USB PID on June, 26 and no one answered yet. Can you help, please? The case number is 63204.

Thanks in advance,

Pavel A.