Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUBEMX -> code -> add TSL Lib something is wrong

enmirc
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 11:56

hi, 

CUBEMX made simple code which works, than i add Touch driver1.4.4 and get errors, why this two 

do not compatiable ? 

- KEIL , comman line: 

USE_HAL_DRIVER, STM32L152xB. compile :

- '' GR1 has already been declared in the current scope '' etc.

- '' PA2 has already been declared in the current scope '' etc.

..\..\..\..\32l1-touch-lib\STM32L1xx_STMTouch_Lib_V1.1.0\Libraries\STMTouch_Driver\src\tsl_acq_stm32l1xx_sw.c(79): error:  #20: identifier ''RCC_AHBPeriph_GPIOA'' is undefined

- it seems MDK  in building process tied different things or not .. but why .. so I think 

I missed parameters .. but where ? 
14 REPLIES 14
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 12:43

Hi mickey,

I'd highly recommend you to start from the TouchSensing applications under the STM32Cube L1 package:

STM32Cube_FW_L1_V1.5.0\Projects\STM32L152D_EVAL\Applications\TouchSensing 

-Syrine-

enmirc
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 13:25

Syrine, 

I am very thankful for the replay. I will try, hope it will work. 

About touch sensing I have many questions, where is right address

for questions? 

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 14:36

Hi mickey,

• Using CUBEMX also you can activate TouchSensing (peripheral: TS in the Pinout)as in the figure bellow :

0690X00000604u7QAA.png

• ?About touch sensing I have many questions, where is right address for questions? ? You can post your questions in the forum as suggested in this [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Touch%20Sensing%20on%20STM32F0&currentviews&currentviews=1753]discussion 
-Syrine-

enmirc
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 15:42

Syrine, 

I know CUBEMX . 

1a. first project I started from CUBMX .. finded processor, define pins, devices & make project Keil .. compile .. works. But CUBEMX said that for touching I have do by my own: & I added touch drivers . I downloaded touch Library and add it .. compile: everything is wrong! 

1b. You said to take CUBE L1 (1.4.0) Ver(1.5.0) I did not find ! & run touch project .

Compile & Works! but when I set my on board processor .. doesn't  work .. errors..

I wish to find a processor tailored for my app. and add touch library to project but it seems that does not works .. every touch versions has a little differences  or please teach me what I have to do. I ask for email address before bc ...  Dependencies are to many macros & I spent so many time for nothing .. maybe it could be better to take Atmel maybe ..

Posted on March 30, 2016 at 17:29

How old are you, which sales region are you in, which distributor, and what is your project's annual expected volume?

Consider if you're looking for contractors, consultants or training to advance your project.

http://www.st.com/web/en/support/mcu_design_consultants.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
enmirc
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 18:16

Syrine, Mayla! 

1. You said I have to activate TouchSensing as is on your picture .. done 

2. In CUBEMX I go on Configuration -> Sytem & click TS, CUBEMX write: 

Warning: STMCubeMX does not support the configuration of this IP's mode

configure TS manually! 

Mayla wrote: 

You shouldn't include the STMTouch_Lib in the CubeMX generated code (where, how? Add? I did). The TSL is

developed based on the standard peripheral library. However the CubeMX code is using HAL drivers. 

You can activate TS using CubeMX as suggested by Syrine in the other discussion.

But: 

Warning: STMCubeMX does not support the configuration of this IP's mode

configure TS manually!

Mayla, Syrine: 

1. I activated TS in CubeMX  but have get Warning . 

2. Anyway CubeMX generated code & coused by the warning inside is not TS code so I added manualy

and get errors  .. 

I am confused, where to start, I hava some projects with different STM32 so it could be nice if I start

from CubeMX .. what are next steps to get usable code ? 

regards Miran

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 18:35

Hi mickey,

1- A request will be raised internally in order to support TS in CubeMX generated code.

2- The library that has to be used with CubeMX generated code is the one that you may find under STM32Cube_FW_L1_V1.5.0\Middlewares\ST\STM32_TouchSensing_Library. This one is compatible with Cube drivers.

3- STM32Cube_FW_L1_V1.5.0 is the last version of CubeL1 package that you may download from

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF260821

4- You may refer to the example suggested by Syrine in order to know required updates.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

enmirc
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 18:38

Clive I am too old to play games. If they said it must work it must . They r selling  silicon . If not works no problem I will take next vendor. Yes some millions. Look the code style what is this ? windows7 java? methods, functions, ponters etc. embedded vinila C? with a good datasheet I do not need this code I can do it by my own. do not understand me wrong, but when simple things takes to much time than I am sure something is wrong. 

enmirc
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2016 at 18:56

Dear Mayla, 

Thank you for your replay. I need some time to turn around your suggestions. 

Soon as I will have results I will write to you a massage. I have try everything 

from the start point.