Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2016 at 01:54

I'm sorry for my bad in English.

[STVD + COSMIC_C : STM8S103K3]

I want to use prototype function

which need EXECUTION_FROM_RAM.

after i  build.. It ERROR..!!

help me please..  T_T!

// ------------------------ below.. is stm8s_flash.c (stm8s.. StdLib) -------------------------------//

Steps of the execution from RAM differs from one toolchain to another:

- For Cosmic Compiler:

1- Define a segment FLASH_CODE by the mean of '' &sharppragma section (FLASH_CODE)''.

This segment is defined in the stm8s_flash.c file.

2- Uncomment the ''&sharpdefine RAM_EXECUTION  (1)'' line in the stm8s.h file,

or define it in Cosmic compiler preprocessor to enable the FLASH_CODE segment

definition.

3- In STVD Select Project\Settings\Linker\Category ''input'' and in the RAM section

add the FLASH_CODE segment with ''-ic'' options.

4- In main.c file call the _fctcpy() function with first segment character as 

parameter ''_fctcpy('F');'' to load the declared moveable code segment

(FLASH_CODE) in RAM before execution.

5- By default the _fctcpy function is packaged in the Cosmic machine library,

so the function prototype ''int _fctcopy(char name);'' must be added in main.c

file.

// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Step 1 , 2 , 4 and 5 , i make done.

but i confuse step 3..

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

3- In STVD Select Project\Settings\Linker\Category ''input'' and in the RAM section

add the FLASH_CODE segment with ''-ic'' options

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

[url=http://www.uppic.org/share-479C_579BEACC.html][img]http://www.uppic.org/image-479C_579BEACC.jpg[/img][/url]

when build..

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

clnk -l''C:\Program Files\COSMIC\FSE_Compilers\Lib''  -o Debug\stm8s103.sm8 -mDebug\stm8s103.map Debug\stm8s103.lkf 

&sharperror clnk Debug\stm8s103.lkf:1 segment .FLASH_CODE size overflow (161)

The command: ''clnk -l''C:\Program Files\COSMIC\FSE_Compilers\Lib''  -o Debug\stm8s103.sm8 -mDebug\stm8s103.map Debug\stm8s103.lkf '' has failed, the returned value is: 1

exit code=1.

stm8s103.elf - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

How do i solve this problem..?

#stm8s-cosmic_c-execution_ram
0 REPLIES 0