cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU File Manager 3.0.4

bobseabrook9
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2016 at 17:52

This program told me that it successfully created a DFU file (from a binary file) in the directory path that I provided, but the DFU file was NOT there!!! Where might it be? Has anyone else had this problem? My destination path is rather long.

EDIT:

C:\Windows\System32

was where DFU File Manager put my files.

Today when experimenting with DfuSe Demo 3.0.4:

I clicked the [Choose.. ] button in the ''Upgrade or verify action'' frame,

...and there were all my lost *.dfu files that I had TOLD DFU File Manager 3.04 to save in folder;

C:\stm32\my\workspace\OfficeAc6_2016.01_Cube1.11.0\F4\discovery\UseHalCdcStandalone\cppMx08_Tim10_USB_F4Disc_Accel_Q\Debug. 

Using Windoze7 (32bit)(x86).

EDIT2:

Oh dear!!

The .dfu files that appear to be in C:\Windows\System32 are inaccessible.

When I drag one of these dfu files to another folder, windows says it does not exist.

When I explore folder C:\Windows\System32 with windows explorer,

the files are not even listed.

What is going on?

EDIT3:

reverting to version 3.0.2 was the reluctant solution in the end.

What would we do without Clive1 making that old version available to us?

Thank you Clive1 for that (indirect) link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7OY5pub_GfIdTE0N18ycHl2NlE/view?usp=sharing

#pile-of-poop-version-3.0.4 #feedback-dfu-manager-win7-x86 #4755=posts13x24hours-@4min/post
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on May 05, 2016 at 18:07

I've had it throw errors, and there are threads about that.

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkhKJSAZ

Edited: Fixed DEADLINK

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
bobseabrook9
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2016 at 18:25

Thanks Clive1, yes I saw those threads, they seemed to suggest getting an older release.

Posted on May 05, 2016 at 19:33

I'm probably pushing much closer to 30000-40000, the forum has melted down several times during my tenure, and my last ID got locked out as my ISP closed down after 20 years, and I can't get to that email address, and ST (Microsoft Sharepoint) can't change email addresses in their system, or at least that's what I'm lead to believe.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
bobseabrook9
Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2016 at 12:01

I have EDITED the original post with a workaround for the problem,

... or not!

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 18, 2016 at 12:07

Hi,

Please note that DFU File Manager 3.0.5 is now available in the web. Please try yo download it from

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stsw-stm32080.html?dl=536321590721467924#

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.