cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable PHY initialization and configuration

matthewgkerr
Associate III
Posted on August 12, 2017 at 07:15

I'm using CubeMX version 4.22 and firmware FW_F4 V1.16.0. I'm using a STM32F427 and a MICREL KSZ8863MLL Integrated 3-Port 10/100 Managed Switch with PHYs. Everything is working fine. The problem I have is with the the PHY initialization and configuration code being generated by CubeMX. Specifically, stm32f4xx_hal_eth.c lines 278 through 434. I need to comment out the PHY initialization and configuration code as it's not compatible with my PHY. Which also means, every time i regenerate code, I need to disregard any changes to this file.

This is one of the few remaining files in my project which I have to revert whenever I regenerate code. I'd like to know is there a way to suppress this code being generated. I have considered creating my own custom files, and preventing this function from being called. I have done this in other areas. In this case, it's not that straight forward.

I think what I want to do is tell Cube that I have an MII interface, but no PHY. The default configuration of the Ethernet interface, and the default configuration of the two PHY on the switch, works just fine for me.

0 REPLIES 0