Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F446RE -Nucleo Board programming using Standard Library

ninad911
Associate III
Posted on June 15, 2016 at 16:15

Hello,

i would like to know whether i can program STM32F446RE -Nucleo Board using standard library's? and if yes can i please have some examples using standard library.

I searched online but i did not get any further information. i want to program STM32F446RE -Nucleo Board for CAN BUS: 

Thanks in advance!

#stm32f4-can-tx-rx #stm32-standard-peripheral-librar #stm32-nucleo #stm32f4-can-tx-rx #!stm32f4
6 REPLIES 6
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on June 15, 2016 at 16:31

Hi saraf.ninad.001,

All STM32 boards can be programmed either using HAL library or Standard library. For STM32F4 devices, you find last version of the Standard library package at this

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32-standard-peripheral-libraries/stsw-stm32065.html

-Hannibal-

Posted on June 15, 2016 at 17:32

The SPL can certainly be used for those boards/chips, many of the existing examples can be ported to the board, which shouldn't be too difficult, just pay attention to the pins, clocks, etc.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ninad911
Associate III
Posted on June 20, 2016 at 21:17

Thank you so much for the link. But to program STM32F446RE-Nucleo board i require library of  STM32F446RE-Nucleo board board. On the link i am unable to find library fr the above mentioned board. can someone please provide me a link for STM32F446RE-Nucleo board library. My IDE is Atollic TrueSTUDIO:

Thanks in advance!

Posted on June 20, 2016 at 21:34

The F4 DSP library is usable with the F446RE part, as are a whole range of F4 parts.

There is not a specific ''Nucleo-F446RE'' library/example, one would simply need to construct a project on the chosen IDE and select the STM32F446 as the Target device. Suggest you try something simple like blinking an LED/GPIO or outputting to the serial port via a USART.

Sorry, I'm not using Atollic.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ninad911
Associate III
Posted on June 22, 2016 at 20:02

I am trying to program on IDE: ATTOLLIC TRUE STUDIO by selecting the desired board STM32F446RE-Nucleo and importing the library files from the link given by you. But after building the project there are problems linking the library files to the main project. that is example in the instruction 'GPIO_LED.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_12;' the program should link me to GPIO library when i will click on GPOI_Pin but it is not linking me to the library. To conform if it is happening for all other boards i created new project for STM32F4_Discovey board, for which the library files were automatically downloaded it is working.     

Can any one help me with this problem please. 

Posted on June 22, 2016 at 21:05

Consider how your tools would work if this were a fully custom board no one had ever seen before? Perhaps you should look at doing this from a chip perspective rather than a board one?

You could also use a NUCLEO-401RE as a target board, and then change the Target CPU, or just run the part at 84 MHz until you get sufficiently familiar with your chosen tool chain. Seek support/training from Atollic.