cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the FatFs version in CubeMX (due to random bugs)?

anio1491
Associate II
Posted on August 15, 2017 at 16:42

Hi!

I am using STM32L476 uC to which I have interfaced an SD card via SDIO. I am using the code and libraries (together with the FatFs in question here) generated from CubeMX. The problem is that now and then, I get errors in the FatFs library, in ff.c for the functions

f_write�? (returns FR_DISK_ERR);�?

and

f_mount�?

CubeMX generates the FatFs library from version R0.11, and I was thinking to change it to the latest version (currently R0.13), in the idea that the bugs are fixed.

Does anyone have any idea how to change this in CubeMX? Or did anyone encoutered this kind of issues?

Any idea is highly appreciated!

Regards,

Andreea

#fatfs #fr_disk_err #f_write #f_mount #sdio #error #cubemx #stm32l4
2 REPLIES 2
FCR
Associate III
Posted on September 16, 2017 at 14:08

Hi Andreea,

For information, the latest CubeMx version (4.22.1) now includes support of the R0.12c version for L4 series.

Using it (v4.22.1) may solve your problems.

R0.13 integration in Mx may come later: I do not have an official release plan yet.

In case R012.c is not enough to cover your current needs, I'll try to find a way to ease the use of a version not officially supported by CubeMx (such as the R0.13).

Regards,

Fred.

Posted on September 16, 2017 at 15:46

Be aware that FR_DISK_ERR reflects errors returned by the layer below FatFs, changing the version of FatFs will not address systemic issues in the IO layer.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..