cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When building a file in STVP, now there are errors, never happened before:

hkwong
Associate
Posted on April 14, 2017 at 04:55

I am using STVP for almost a year without any problem. Recently when I build file, there happens errors as follows:

#error cpstm8 C:\Program Files (x86)\COSMIC\FSE_Compilers\CXSTM8\HSTM8\mods0.h:1 FlexLM Feature has expired.

eeprom.c:

The command: 'cxstm8 +mods0 -pp -i'C:\Program Files (x86)\COSMIC\FSE_Compilers\Hstm8'  -clRelease\ -coRelease\ eeprom.c' has failed, the returned value is: 1

exit code=1.

Please advise how to solve it. It happens for every .c file including the main.c

It never happens before when building a file/files. I cannot use it now.

2 REPLIES 2
luca239955_stm1_st
Senior II
Posted on April 18, 2017 at 08:45

Hello,

your compiler license is expired: send it to Cosmic and it will be renewed (free).

Regards,

Luca

steven239955_st
Associate II

I too got caught with this. Seems the Free License timeout every year. There is an expiry date in the license file if you what to know when it expires (but who thinks to check that when a deadline is coming up)

Getting a new licence file is fairly easy, but unfortunately takes time (I expect it needs a human to process it). Very frustrating when you've planned your day, to find now can't compile.

I would recommend putting a date in your calendar and asking for a new licence in advance of it expiring so as not to get caught like I have.