cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing CubeMX Project Application

GreenGuy
Senior III
Posted on May 18, 2016 at 20:42

I have searched this site as well as others and still find no clear and concise instruction regarding import of project applications for the various boards in the CubeMX Repository.  Specifically I am working with the STM32F746G-Discovery and want to evaluate the LwIP application in the Projects folder.  Tried thus far:

1. generate project from CubeMX using the board with all IP for the STM32F746G-Discovery board / Import project in SW4STM32 / Compile good / Add by import of source files from Projects/Applications/LwIP / Compile fails with numerous errors

2. Import from Projects/Applications/LwIP / Compile fails with numerous errors mostly for includes missing.  They are not really missing, the include paths are incorrect.

I find no instructions in the Repository.  There are sparse tutorials but all either use different tools and process or all only refer to repo application code but use their own code which also fails to compile due to missing information.

Can someone either point me to the right place or provide clear steps to import project applications from the CubeMX Repo and successfully compile and run the application preferable with SW4STM32.

#!cubemx-!import-application
5 REPLIES 5
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on May 19, 2016 at 15:25

Hi greenwood.greg,

I suggest that you refer to section ''4.6 Import Project window'' of the STM32CubeMx user manual

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/10/c5/1a/43/3a/70/43/7d/DM00104712.pdf/files/DM00104712.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00104712.pdf

-Hannibal-

GreenGuy
Senior III
Posted on May 23, 2016 at 16:29

Section 4.6 of UM1718 implies the existence of a .ioc file from which to import.  There are no files of this type in the STM32Cube Repository for any of the firmware sets I have downloaded which include  F4 V1.11.0, F7 V1.3.0, and L4 V1.4.0.

Has anyone successfully built any of the Projects found in Projects>STM32746G-Disconvery>Applications using SW4STM32?

GreenGuy
Senior III
Posted on June 02, 2016 at 01:14

-RESOLVED-

Figured it out.  It is not in the CubeMX manual which concerns itself with the operation of CubeMX and not with IDEs that might be used to compile example code in the repo.

1. Open SW4STM32.

2. Right click in the Project pane or select ''File'' and pull down to ''Import''

3. Highlight ''Existing Projects into Workspace'' (typically default) and click ''Next''

4. Next to ''Select root directory'' radio button click ''Browse''.

5. Use the ''Browse For Folder'' to navigate to the application or example of interest.

In my case it is STM32Cube/Repository/STM32746G-Discovery/Applications/LwIPLwIP_HTTP_Server_Netcomm_RTOS/SW4STM32.

6. Highlight the SW4STM32 folder and click OK.

7. In the ''Projects'' window make sure the project (next folder down under SW4STM32) is checked.  If it is not you likely already have a project by that name in your ''Project Explorer'' window.

8. MAKE SURE to NOT check any of the options below the ''projects'' window.

9. Click finish.

10. Wait for the indexer to finish (bottom right hand corner of the SW4STM32)

11. Build

12. Load/Debug.

If you want to look at another example you will have to delete the current project since all of the examples and applications in the repo have the same name (OPS!!!).

Be sure you do NOT have the delete files option check when you do or you will delete the files in the repo.  Yes the code was built in the repo where the binary is also now located.  No you cannot rename the project in the ''Project Explorer'' as that will mess up all the paths associated with the project.  I think the makes of the repository missed something here regarding the purpose of the repo library and the examples.

Posted on April 22, 2017 at 20:43

Yes, I do notice the Options cannot be 'selected'

- Search for nested projects

- Copy projects into workspace

I just do not understand why it cannot be used.  Especially, I would like to 'export' the project including source & header files into other location.

Is there a easy way to export ?

Posted on June 03, 2017 at 04:08

So sorry.  I have been away from STM for a while and did not see your post.  Things have changed a little since a year ago so I have to come back up to speed.  However, my experience has been with export that it is only good for archiving.  Bad part is that the archive is simply a zip file with all the directory structure maintained so that the project can only be built in the structure.  It is not relocatable.  At least it did not used to be.  To export example code to new place means that the project information needs to be updated with all the new locations of where it was exported to so that once the project is opened in the new location it will build and run.  Eclipse does not have a means of doing that I think.  Some external application would need to transform all of the appropriate XML files for you.  Not trivial!