cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FW repo source files incomplete?

GreenGuy
Senior III
Posted on June 08, 2016 at 08:08

I have been trying, with limited success, to create a project in CubeMX and then import the example application files from LwIP HTTP server app so I can start to find a solution for my specific tasks.  In the process I found errors in the stm32746g_discovery_lcd.c file not being able to resolve DMA2D_HandleTypeDef reference.  At the top of the file the include for stm32f7xx_hal_dma2d.h is missing and once added, the .c file compiles without error.  This same file in the repo project compiles without modification.  How is that possible?

1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 09, 2016 at 11:10

Higreenwood.greg,

When you generate a CubeMX project, only the required drivers are copied depending on your configuration. If you add drivers manually, you should pay attention to all required updates (Mainly the update of the file stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h where required modules are enabled). In the fileSTM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS\inc\stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h, this line is not commented:

#define HAL_DMA_MODULE_ENABLED

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.