cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32l4 iot BSP

GreenGuy
Senior III
Posted on June 03, 2017 at 03:54

When will the MXCube library add support in STM32L4 for the iot board?  It is not in the latest 1.8.0?

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on June 05, 2017 at 15:45

Hi

greenwood.greg

BSP library is

not supported

by CubeMx, it should be added manually by the user to the project generated.

You may refer to this document for more clarification

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009bMM6QSAW

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
GreenGuy
Senior III
Posted on June 05, 2017 at 16:49

Thank You for the steps to integrate from the repository.  I guess I should have asked the question, when will the discovery board be an option available in CubeMX application?

Posted on January 26, 2018 at 14:55

It seems that the latest CubeMX 4.24 can initialize some BSP resources  -at least the generated code has a few init functions related to MCU resources required to use on board stuff. Just generated the code for STM32L476-disco:

/* Initialize all configured peripherals */

MX_GPIO_Init();

MX_I2C1_Init();

MX_I2C2_Init();

MX_LCD_Init();

MX_QUADSPI_Init();

MX_SAI1_Init();

MX_SPI2_Init();

MX_USART2_UART_Init();

MX_USB_HOST_Init();

So maybe we do not need to reverse engineer the examples to know what / how to initialize I/O.

It seems that IOT L4 boards is also initialized this way - I mean the CubeMX-generated code.

Posted on January 26, 2018 at 14:37

Hello

greenwood.greg

The discovery boards are available in the current CubeMX release (4.23).

Here are the lists of discovery boards available in CubeMX :

0690X000006097bQAA.png

BR. Jeanne

Posted on January 26, 2018 at 16:15

When responding too these posts, remember that when it is eight months old that things might have changed and people moved on. I have somewhat mixed feelings about poking old zombie threads.

BSP support has existed in the repository for several releases at this point

\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.11.0\Drivers\BSP\B-L475E-IOT01

The support for a BSP and custom code for the board is likely to lead support from CubeMX directly, and you're really going to want to master the HAL if you want to get a product to market, not just press a couple of buttons in CubeMX and hope the jobs done.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 26, 2018 at 16:38

I have responded to the today's someone's and have NOT noticed that the initial issue report was so old.

I spent some time on a few nucleo / discovery and BSP integration  - that's why I verified the BSP support on the latest CubeMX...