Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DH 5kHz ODR not possible

fixed-term2399
Associate
Posted on May 09, 2016 at 15:33

Hello all,

I want to use the LIS3DH accelerometer and a Steval-MK1109v2 Motherboard with the ST Unico GUI for logging Acceleration data.

The datasheet of the LIS3DH shows the possibility to meassure a bandwidth up to 5000Hz, which i need for my shaker meassurements.

I used the Unico GUI to configure the Sensor at +-2g and the 5000Hz mode.

I tried a 160Hz sine signal at the shaker and made an online FFT at the Unico GUI, but there was shown a peak at about ~600Hz, so i took a look at the logged data in the .txt-file. I wanted to add a timepath but recognised that the number of the lines weren�t right at all.

I logged data at about 3 seconds but got only roundabout 4000 lines. With a ODR of 5000Hz i expected up to 16000 lines.

I tested the modes with 400Hz and 1250Hz and both online-FFT an logged data were right.

If I use the 0.0008s timesteps (1/1250Hz) for the logged 5000Hz-mode before, it looks right...  

So theres my question:

Does the Unico GUI only logg data with a rate up to 1250Hz(even in the 5000Hz mode) or could it be a bug in the Unico GUI software? 

If I take a look on the wrong online FFT of the GUI, where 600Hz are shown but surely only a 160Hz-signal is given, it looks like that.

Im a little confused.

Thanks for your help!

Greetings,

Markus Schulz

#lis3dh-odr-bandwidth-unico-gui
2 REPLIES 2
dave Hoogendoorn
Associate
Posted on August 15, 2017 at 10:25

Hi Markus,

I have the same question. Did you already make progress on this or have you switched to a different sensor? Would you be so kind to share your findings?

Kind regards,

Dave

Posted on August 15, 2017 at 11:35

Hi Dave,

can you please try the latest version of Unico software and FW for STEVAL-MKI109V2. Both you can find

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-mki109w.html

I tested it right now and I'm able to log data from LIS3DH at 5.376 kHz.