Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F767 in action :-)

simonellwood9171
Associate II
Posted on May 10, 2016 at 20:58

Hey!

I was working on a new design, using an STM32F745, when I noticed a couple of weeks ago, that Farnell had some of the new 767's available. Since I could use some more program memory and SRAM, I immediately purchased a handfull, and replaced the 745 in my project, with a 767. I uploaded my firmware made for the 745 to it, and it worked right away. Amazing!

Now, a couple of weeks later, I have tweaked my firmware to take advantage of the 192 KB (!!!) extra SRAM, and I have done a lot of performance testing.

A really great thing about this new processor, is that the QUADSPI error on the 745, where it was loading extra bytes at the end of a read transfer, has been fixed in the 767. That is really awesome. Now you can really use the QUADSPI at full speed, without having to take special care.

I have been working with processors for 16 years, and I must say, that the 767 is the best processor I have ever worked with. Thank you so much ST for making this! Keep up your amazing work. I hope that you will enjoy a video showing my anAmoNo X synthesizer, powered by an STM32F767:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHnEWeLfRbg

#stm
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on May 10, 2016 at 23:08

Some significantly better design choices seemed to have been made this time around, with bigger caches, and FPU-D.

Do you know which M7 core they used?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
simonellwood9171
Associate II
Posted on May 10, 2016 at 23:49

Yeah, I know, but ST's ARM processors do have rather many built-in periphals compared to other processors and they also has built-in program FLASH memory, which makes it pretty easy to program them and test things fast.

Another thing is, that it is, without any big problems, possible to program them in my preferred language, assembly.

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what M7 core, they are using. I didn't even know, that there were multiple models of this...

Posted on May 11, 2016 at 01:28

Cortex-M7 r1p0

Cortex-M7 r1p1

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ddi0489c/CIAGFHAH.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
simonellwood9171
Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2016 at 07:51

Thank you very much for the link. That is actually interesting.

I will try to have a look at it a bit later, to see if I can figure out, what revision it is.