Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24SRXX FCC requirements

jaylong
Associate II
Posted on January 30, 2018 at 08:08

Hi,

I'd like to find out more about the FCC certification requirements around integrating an M24SRXX into a product.

Our testing partner seems to think that we need to go through FCC part 15.225 because the tag is battery operated.

I think, while the tag can be supplied with power, that the RF section is no different from a passive tag, i.e. there is no amplification or additional emission that is not from the reader. I don't know this for certain but this seems consistent with the performance (read range) I've seen in the lab.

Can anyone speak to the specific certification requirements?

Thanks

jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on February 02, 2018 at 07:52

Hi Jay,

It is unintentional radiator since a Tag does not RF but only modifies the field emitted by the reader.

There is no documentation about a bout his but you can find definitions here: 

https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/rfdevice

Have a nice day

Denis

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Denis ROMAN
Associate III
Posted on January 30, 2018 at 09:39

Hi Jay,

We can not advise on application of regulation. To our understanding of FCC requirement: a non intentional radiator has to go through FCC SDoC process (formerly verification). This may include 15.225 but some others like 15.209. 

Have a nice day

Posted on January 31, 2018 at 04:04

Thanks Denis,

So can you confirm that this is only an unintentional radiator, not an intentional radiator, i.e. there is no power supplied to the RF section?

Is there anywhere in the documentation that can speak to this? I've been looking but haven't found anything.

Thanks

jay

Posted on February 02, 2018 at 07:52

Hi Jay,

It is unintentional radiator since a Tag does not RF but only modifies the field emitted by the reader.

There is no documentation about a bout his but you can find definitions here: 

https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/rfdevice

Have a nice day

Denis