Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24SR GPO Password protection?

jaylong
Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2016 at 23:00

Hi,

I'm interested in password protecting the GPO toggle via RF. In other words, configuring the GPO to toggle via an RF StateControl command but password protecting this memory location so that the state can only be changed with the appropriate password.

I thought this would be possible via the NDEF file password protection (that the password protection would extend to the system file) but I now fear this may not be the case.

Can anyone verify or refute this before I invest too much time trying to get it to work?

Thanks!

#password #gpo #m24sr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JP Miller
Senior
Posted on May 12, 2016 at 18:43

Hello,

The GPO configuration as RF State Control can be protected by the I2C password.

Once set in this mode, the RF Reader will be able to send StateControl commands to toggle on and of the GPO pin without further restrictions.

The NDEF file password mechanism applies to the NDEF file and will indeed not prevent the RF Reader from toggling the GPO pin.

Hoping this will help you..

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JP Miller
Senior
Posted on May 12, 2016 at 18:43

Hello,

The GPO configuration as RF State Control can be protected by the I2C password.

Once set in this mode, the RF Reader will be able to send StateControl commands to toggle on and of the GPO pin without further restrictions.

The NDEF file password mechanism applies to the NDEF file and will indeed not prevent the RF Reader from toggling the GPO pin.

Hoping this will help you..

Best Regards,