Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103 USB Windows 10 - impossible?

ietatarin
Associate
Posted on May 23, 2016 at 15:31

Hi!

I faced a very frustrating problem. Stock examples and my old projects with USB devices do not work on Windows 10 and 8. I tried Virtual COM Port and my custom HID device. My desktop runs win 10 and my wife's laptop is on win 8.

I tried installing chipset drivers, Intel management engine. Damn, I even traced USB bus with Windows Message Analyzer. System says device descriptor request failed. WMA says device does not respond.

I know exactly that those projects worked on Windows 7. As of May 2016 I do not have any computer with OS older than Windows 8.1. Am I the only one with this issue? Please help.

Tried next stuff in defferent combinations:

STM32-VL Discovery with stm32f103c8t6 installed on it. USB Pull-up resistors connected.

STM32F103 Chinese development board USB-ready.

Desktop with Windows 10

Laptop with Windows 8

USB2.0 hub, Motherboard USB2.0, USB3.0

Thanks!

#!windows10 #!usb #!stm32f103
2 REPLIES 2
ietatarin
Associate
Posted on June 03, 2016 at 21:52

Such a bad luck... But I managed to win in the end!

My development bord was missing two jumpers for USB D+ and D- (why whould they do it at all?)

And my USB cord was wired poorly. Green wire stood for D+ and white for D-, though it should have been the opposite.

Dear China, would you pleeeeease start improving the quality of your products? :(

Thanks everyone!

Now I know that STM32 + Windows 10 = working pair.

brain4 german
Associate
Posted on April 06, 2018 at 05:33

Hi 

Do you have sample usb code,I am trying usb commincation but not getting in STMF103C8T6