cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security database management

aes2
Associate II
Posted on March 29, 2017 at 14:26

As i understand the programming manual section about bonding on BlueNrg-MS devices, encryption keys are stored in the security database in order to resolve addresses, and encrypt future data connections.

This all seems to work as expected, but it is unclear to me how to manage the security database over time, when a number of devices is expected to pair to the device during its lifetime

How many different

bonding

devices can the security database handle, and what is expected to happen when the database is filled up ? 

I am aware of the aci_gap_clear_security_database api, but as this clears all paired devices I would like to avoid calling this

unless needed.

\Anders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on March 30, 2017 at 10:45

Hi Anders,

with BlueNRG-MS, firmware version 7.2c, the maximum number of entries in the security database is 12.

When it fills up, older entries get overwritten by the new ones.

Unless you actually want to delete all entries, you don't need to call the aci_gap_clear_security_database API.

Best regards,

Antonio

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on March 30, 2017 at 10:45

Hi Anders,

with BlueNRG-MS, firmware version 7.2c, the maximum number of entries in the security database is 12.

When it fills up, older entries get overwritten by the new ones.

Unless you actually want to delete all entries, you don't need to call the aci_gap_clear_security_database API.

Best regards,

Antonio
Posted on March 30, 2017 at 11:06

Hi Antonio

Thank you for the answer, this was exactly the info i needed.

Best regards 

Anders

Posted on November 08, 2017 at 16:32

Hello,

Is it possible just to delete one desired address from that db?

Thanks