Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing uSD reader with STM32F0

tameralamiri
Associate
Posted on May 31, 2016 at 00:55

Hello guys,

i'm new in programming stm32f0. I have stm32f091rc and i want to interface uSD using SPI peripheral. first i used stm32cubemx to select the SPI1 peripheral and configured the clock. then i exported the generated HAL libraries to uVision IDE. but i don't know how to continue.

I read that first i need to write i/o driver APIs then link these APIs with FATfs

but i wasn't able to find any example similar to my project (using HAL libraries- uVision and STM32F0)

I coded the SPI transmit and receive functions in blocking mode. but what are the other functions to initialize the sd card and check it's status? and how can i use them with SPI and FatFs.

Thanks in advance

#stm32f0 #spi #stm32 #uvision #usd
2 REPLIES 2
Trilys
Associate II
Posted on May 31, 2016 at 13:42

Hello,

I am pretty sure you are not in the right forum section, but here are some pointers. I advise you to find examples for more advanced MCUs. There is a SPI SD example for F3 devices, but the code only works for non sdhc/sdxc cards. There is a version that also works with these larger cards in the F4 or F7 library. If I am right, you need to reuse the fatfs and sd driver and rewrite the BSP driver for your MCU

Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on May 31, 2016 at 17:55

Hi the.green.beret,

Try to put your STM32 related request in the relevant forums which are :

-Hannibal-