Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging the stm32f20x in debug monitor mode with JTAG

lijitajoseph1091
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2016 at 21:07

Hello,

Can anybody please tell me how i can read the addresses from the memory in debug monitor mode without halting the processor?

Or is it any other way to read the memory registers like selecting some other access port.?

i would be very grateful if somebody could help

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on June 08, 2016 at 21:51

Likely depends on the debugger and tools being used.

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-performance-and-debuggers/stm-studio-stm32.html?sc=stm-studio

If you connect a serial port you can have your own code periodically output internal state information. The is also the SWV (Serial Wire Viewer), you can use that to output putchar()/printf() information.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
lijitajoseph1091
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2016 at 22:21

Thank you for your reply. I am working on a project to generate JTAG signals to read the memory registers.

So i am not using any external debugger.

I need to write a code for non intrusive debugging. so can you please help me that 

Posted on June 08, 2016 at 23:21

I was using debugger and JTAG Pod somewhat interchangeably. You're building a pod, and driving the scan-chain.

I believe such interactions are affected by the processor, and it's buses. As such I don't think they are entirely transparent.

I'm afraid I can't commit resources to your project.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..