Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CustomHID with HAL

kruft
Associate III
Posted on June 10, 2016 at 13:23

Hello,

In HAL USB_Device class library function (usbd_customhid.c) USBD_CUSTOM_HID_Setup() not exist case CUSTOM_HID_REQ_GET_REPORT(bug or not?), but in usb spec  GET_REPORT must be realized. 

Could you recommend right steps for working with CustomHID USB device class?

And may be exist appnote for it?

#custom-usb-hid
7 REPLIES 7
kruft
Associate III
Posted on June 10, 2016 at 15:42

Hi forumstm32,

But what the reason why case  CUSTOM_HID_REQ_GET_REPORT not include into usbd_customhid.c if in spec it must be for Setup report? And will be CutomHID_Standalone example work correctly with stm32 host driver?

slimen
Senior
Posted on June 13, 2016 at 23:30

Hi panov.roman,

CUSTOM_HID_REQ_GET_REPORT is not implemented by ST. 

So, we would suggest ST adding this function and include it into usbd_customhid.c 

Regards
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 14, 2016 at 11:51

Hi,

Please note that this request is reported internally and it is under review.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

hmc
Associate III
Posted on July 17, 2016 at 23:44

Hello Mayla, the custom HID example from CubeMX USB middleware is NOT enumerating to Windows (which just complains about the device descriptor request failed), as you can see in attached picture.  I am wondering if this might be due to the ill-formed CUSTOM_HID_ReportDesc_FS.  From what I read in USB Complete, 4th Edition, the 2 bytes (the last byte being ''end collection'') you have as a descriptor is ill-formed.  Please find my steps to get to this point in my

http://henryomd.blogspot.com/2016/07/usb-hid-on-stm32f042.html

0690X00000604ooQAA.png

fb2
Associate II
Posted on May 26, 2017 at 16:48

Hello Panov, I'm having the same problem. Did you solve this issue?

Thank you.

Fernando

fb2
Associate II
Posted on May 26, 2017 at 16:38

Hello, I cannot access the link with the thread solving this issue. Can you tell me please where I can find the solution for this please? I need not only to transmit data via HID, but also to receive data. Thank you for you help.