Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 I2C for SMBUS

moritz
Associate
Posted on June 12, 2016 at 05:29

Hey folks,

I am trying to implement an SMBUS protocol on an STM32F29 board using the HAL-I2C drivers.

Main purpose is to be able to read a MLX90614 temp sensor and report the output to the screen.

I am getting some odd results with the I2C drivers and was wondering if anyone else had run into similar problems.

It seems to not be affected by the ClockSpeed argument at all when observing the clock pin on my scope, and further, the data pin only mimics the clock pin, but does not do anything else. In short, I cannot even get it to behave as a regular I2C device which is getting me stuck on the path to modifying the HAL drivers to follow the SMBUS protocols.

Would love to hear form folks who have had similar issues. My source is attached in case you care to play with it.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on June 14, 2016 at 16:09

Hi L3FOS,

I recommen that you take a look to the application note AN4502 '' STM32 SMBus/PMBus embedded stack firmware'' with the dedicated firmware 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-software/x-cube-smbus.html

-Hannibal-