Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32L476RG I2C with m24LR discovery

kayarael
Associate
Posted on July 08, 2016 at 09:46

Hello,

For my project i try to write some ndef message with stm32L4 and send it to M24LR discovery throw the i2c bus and after i want to read it with smartphone but all my try fail.

I try the examples i2C polling and function of  cube nfc X-nucleo-NFC02A1 for generate tag but it doesn't work. The M24LR discovery board display error message = ''Not a ndef text message ''.

Someone can help me please?

#stm32l4-i2c-m24lr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee
Posted on July 25, 2016 at 10:30

Hello,

the X-CUBE-NFC2 software package is not including the configuration for NUCLEO-STM32L4 board, but the configuration for i²c is identical as the STM32L0.

The M24LR Discovery board is implemented with a previous draft of the NFC Forum Type5 NDEF standard and is not compatible with the version 1.0 of this standard released beginning of this year. That's why the board is displaying this error message.

But if you read it with a smartphone running our Android application

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.st.demo&hl=fr

, available on google store, it will display the NDEF message.

Kind Regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee
Posted on July 25, 2016 at 10:30

Hello,

the X-CUBE-NFC2 software package is not including the configuration for NUCLEO-STM32L4 board, but the configuration for i²c is identical as the STM32L0.

The M24LR Discovery board is implemented with a previous draft of the NFC Forum Type5 NDEF standard and is not compatible with the version 1.0 of this standard released beginning of this year. That's why the board is displaying this error message.

But if you read it with a smartphone running our Android application

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.st.demo&hl=fr

, available on google store, it will display the NDEF message.

Kind Regards.