cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover the STM32 with a free 32-bit Cortex-M0-0+ MCU Professional Developer’s Package webinar

roy
Associate II
Posted on June 15, 2016 at 19:36

Hi all:

I signed up for the June 22

''Discover the STM32 with a free 32-bit Cotex-M0-0+MCU Professional Developer's Package webinar.''

What development hardware (Nucleo?), do I need to follow along/learn on?

If I am in the wrong forum, please advise.

Best wishes, best regards.

r

#stm32
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on June 15, 2016 at 19:57

It says L0 Discovery boards, but porting between the board isn't that complicated

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/about/events/events.html/stm32l0-f0-webinar-2016.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
roy
Associate II
Posted on June 16, 2016 at 23:18

...so any of the Discovery boards?

I do want to follow along with the webinar.

best

Posted on June 17, 2016 at 03:19

It specifically calls out the STM32L0 Discovery board..

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-discovery-kits/32l0538discovery.html

roy
Associate II
Posted on June 17, 2016 at 19:35

Hi:

Thanks for the advice.

I saw the 32L0538Discovery Kit with the STM32L053C8 MCU (It has the on-board peripherals [touchpad slider, epaper, and leds, buttons])

But, the NUCLEO-L073RZ, with STM32L073RZ MCU, supports Arduino and ST morpho connectivity, seems to be cheaper (sans slider and epaper peripherals), and has more memory and more pins out (bigger package).

If I go with the NUCLEO-L073RZ, will I be missing out on some important emulation or debug hardware (software appears the same?)...the upside is more memory and I can choose my own peripherals (shields)?

Best wishes.

Posted on June 17, 2016 at 22:48

Depends on what they plan on demonstrating, which I'd expect would be the ePaper and Touch in this case.

The costs in both cases are relatively low.