Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 StdPerioherals drivers

Moamen Ayman
Associate III
Posted on December 09, 2017 at 07:54

Hi every body!

I see some STM32H7 MCUs have been available on market right now so are the StdPerioherals drivers available and compatible with IAR?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on December 09, 2017 at 11:43

No, SPL are deprecated and they are not and they won't be available for the newer STM32 families.

Use Cube, either HAL or LL.

JW

Posted on December 09, 2017 at 13:43

Why SPL are

deprecated , I think SPL is the most reliable drivers near to LL drivers so many developers depend on them rather than the very generic HAL or Cube.

Is the CMSIS available so I can develop drivers on IAR, does IAR version 7.x compatible with STM32H7?

Posted on December 09, 2017 at 15:05

ST has decided to go in a different direction. Yes, the SPL was very solid and reliable.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 09, 2017 at 16:14

So they decided to deprecate their most reliable drivers!! CubeMx can't even be compared to SPL and can't replace it, actually they are different and SPL was the only near reliable one to LL drivers which doesn't waste memory and can be easily optimized. Now I will try to build LL drivers for the whole peripherals I use or use another MCU.

Posted on December 09, 2017 at 18:59

>>..or use another MCU.

This was pointed out as a potential outcome to forcing people to change everything they are currently doing, and that anger is a strong motivator to pick anyone else.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 10, 2017 at 00:16

Although check carefully that any alternative vendor's libraries meet your requirements and aren't just as 'bad' ...

>:(