cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 to stm32f746g discovery

christophe onillon
Associate II
Posted on December 05, 2016 at 20:57

the main issue is that the pins doesn't correspond and it requires to unsolder the resistance R10,R12,R15 and solder in R11,R13,R16

my idea was just curv or cut the pins and create a loopback between the other pins.

the second was to find a chip configuration but is feels not possible.

is it possible, my i have your advice  ?

Br,

Mr Onillon

#stm32f746-discovery #bluenrg
2 REPLIES 2
Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on December 07, 2016 at 12:02

Dear Mr. Onillon,

the X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 and the X-CUBE-BLE1 software package have been preconfigured for use with 64-pin STM32 Nucleo boards.

If you want to use it with your Discovery board, you need some small tweaks like the ones that you have proposed.

As an alternative, you can use SPI2 and then have pins D13, D12 and D11 for SPI communication on the Arduino connector. In this case, you would still need to remove the zero resistor R10 and instead soldering zero resistor R11. But you wouldn't need to touch R12 and R15.

If you use pin D13 for the SPI clock, please be aware that on your Discovery board you may not drive the LED, otherwise you will get a conflict: the LED on DISCO-F746NG is connected to pin D13.

If you don't want to swap R10 and R11, you could just add a jumper wire between D3 and D13. In this case you should make sure that you don't drive the D3 pin however.

Please notice that X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 has been replaced by the newer X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1, so if you're going to start a new project, I strongly recommend you to use the latest board.

Hope that helps,

Antonio

Posted on December 08, 2016 at 19:13

Hi Antonio, yes, it's good.

i added a new discussion to preparea version for stm32f746g based on the stm32f4 example and checking requirement to have a stm32f7 version.

Br,

Christophe