Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch from X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 to X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1

christophe onillon
Associate II
Posted on December 12, 2016 at 17:03

Hi

You recommand to switch on the board X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 but i have the X-NUCEO-IDB04A1.

You can see on my previous posts, i'm working for a package for the stm32f746g-disco.

I'll be in holliday at the end of the week Is it possible to provide me a sample as remplacement of the previous board ?

Br,

Christophe

5 REPLIES 5
christophe onillon
Associate II
Posted on December 13, 2016 at 12:28

Hi,

As a1 is no more in use, May you respond on the point above, please ?

Br,

Christophe

Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on December 13, 2016 at 16:34

Hi Christophe,

the A1 pin on Arduino connector is used for CSN (chip select, active low) both for X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 and X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 boards. The software package for both board is the same (X-CUBE-BLE1) and the driver is also the same. The main differences are related to the HCI (Host Control Interface) commands used for BLE communication, where X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 (based on BlueNRG-MS chip) has more options than the old one.

Kind regards,

Antonio

Posted on December 13, 2016 at 18:11

sorry i said a mistake, i was speaking about a4 rev board to a5 .... Not about the a1 pin...

I would ensure to work directly on the latest board.

can you provide a sample of board ?

i ll see about api now.

br Christophe.

Posted on December 14, 2016 at 12:11

Hi Christophe,

you can order the board from ST distributors from the bottom of this page ('Sample & Buy' section):

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/ecosystems/stm32-open-development-environment/stm32-nucleo-expansion-boards/stm32-ode-connect-hw/x-nucleo-idb05a1.html

Otherwise you could get in touch with the people that you met at the training in Paris to check if they have any X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 for you.

In the meantime you can continue using your X-NUCLEO-IDB04A1 board. You will be able to reuse all the code that you are developing as there are no driver differences with the new board.

Hope that helps,

Antonio

christophe onillon
Associate II
Posted on December 18, 2016 at 23:25

ok Antonio, I ll check.

Br