Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F446RE J-Link Connection Troubles

jmsigler
Associate
Posted on June 20, 2016 at 02:34

Hello,

I've made my own board based on a stm32f446re and I am trying to connect to it using a J-Link edu, but it is failing. The j-link finds the target voltage and then tries to connect, but gives the error could not connect to device under reset. Here are the things I have tried already:

• Check continuity between each jlink pin pin and the corresponding pin on the micro
  • Check that correct device was set in Eclipse debug config
  • Probe jtag lines. CLK, Reset, and SWD are working fine (makes sense since they come from j-link), but SWO does nothing.
  • Measured current into the board. I get 160mA, which seems high since the only thing I have mounted right now is the STM (with supporting passives) and a barometer. I also measured the current with reset pulled low, and it was the same, which is weird to me, as I would expect it to be much lower
  • Probed voltage on MCU's pins. The voltages all appear to be pretty stable.

Right now I think the biggest clue is the larger than normal current into the board and current not changing with reset pulled low. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this or suggestions of what to try? I've attached my mcu section of the circuit and my eclipse debug settings.

1 REPLY 1
Posted on June 20, 2016 at 03:37

Shouldn't VCAP be 2.2uF not 2.2nF ??

Check also orientation.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..